2. About Us
https://appleelectronics.co.uk/ (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Apple Electronics. Apple Electronics is the data controller and can be contacted at hello@ appleelectronics.co.uk
- The personal data we will collect;
- Use of collected data;
- Who has access to the data collected;
- The rights of Site users; and
4. What Information Do We Collect From You?
We collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by email or otherwise. It includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through contact or opt-in forms on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, age, location and financial information in the event of a purchase. Please let us know if any of this information changes so we can keep our records up to date.
- Information we collect from your use of our site: About each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet.
- The location where you connected to our service
- Your internet service provider (ISP).
- What type of device you are using to access our service
- Other online services information such as your login activity data, details about your browser and length of visit to pages on our website, page views and website navigation paths, details about the number of times you have used our website, your time zone settings and other information about the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is our analytics tracking system.
- Information we collect throughout our relationship with you:This is information relating to products (free or paid) that you download or purchase from us.
- Marketing Information: This includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Note: We may use information you give us, the information we collect from your use of our site, the information we collect throughout our relationship with you, and marketing information to:
- Deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements)
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you
Our lawful ground for processing this information is our legitimate interests which are to provide our Service to you.
This Service includes but is not limited to: electronics products we sell on this website, the articles, podcasts and videos you find on this website, downloadable media (such as PDFs), and any other materials delivered over email, all of which we gladly offer free of charge and invest significant funds in developing.
Additionally, we have a legitimate interest in using the data you provide us to inform you of products and services that are relevant, interesting and personal to you. This is done in the form of occasional email marketing messages and generates revenue with which we fund our Service (outlined above). Each time we send you marketing materials (or any other email communication), we give you the option to unsubscribe.
5. Data Collected Automatically
When you visit and use our Site, we may automatically collect and store the following information:
- IP address;
- Clicked links;
- Content viewed.
- Abandoned cart.
- And the wishlist you placed.
6. Data Collected in a Non-Automatic Way
We may also collect the following data when you perform certain functions on our Site:
- First and last name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Payment information; and
- Business Details.
This data may be collected using the following methods: Forms.
7. Legal Basis for Processing
For users in the European Union, we adhere to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). For users in the United Kingdom, we adhere to the GDPR as enshrined in the Data Protection Act 2018.
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer as we do not fall within the categories of controllers and processors required to appoint a Data Protection Officer under Article 37 of the GDPR.
We collect and process personal data about users in the EU only when we have a legal basis for doing so under Article 6 of the GDPR.
We rely on the following legal basis to collect and process the personal data of users in the EU:
Processing of user personal data is necessary for us to take, at the request of a user, steps before entering a contract or for the performance of a contract to which a user is a party. If a user does not provide the personal data necessary to perform a contract the consequences are as follows: You may not be able to conclude a payment.
8. Why Do We Collect This Information?
We use this information in the following ways:
- Information you give us or receive from other sources: We process this data for communication with you, record-keeping and administration, and the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for processing this information is our legitimate interests, which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us by you, to keep accurate records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims. We use this information:
- To take the steps necessary to assess whether we can enter into a contract with you and perform our contract with you. This includes carrying out our obligations to you and providing you with our or a third party’s products and services;
- To improve our service to you, to ensure that content from our site is presented most effectively for you and your device;
- To deal with any legal queries relating to your use of our service;
- To provide you with service communications so we can fulfil our obligations to you. These may be sent by email. These will include notifications about changes to our service, event details and information about products that you have signed up to;
- To provide you with marketing communications including, with your permission, information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; or
- In our or a third party’s legitimate interests of keeping customers up to date with goods and services, increasing awareness of ourselves and third parties within the market, making promotional offers and generating new business, and building and maintaining loyalty or market share.
- Information we collect from your use of the site: We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website and to deliver relevant and engaging website content and advertisements to you, as well as to understand the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing strategies. Our lawful ground for processing this information is our legitimate interests, which in this case are to properly administer our website and our business, grow our business, and make decisions about our marketing strategies. We use this information for the following purposes:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
b.To improve our site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your device;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- Information we collect throughout our relationship.We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased from us or our affiliates and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for processing this data is the fulfilment of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps to enter into such a contract at your request.
- Marketing Information: We process this data to enable you to participate in our promotions, competitions, prize draws and free giveaways, as well as to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of these advertising and marketing strategies. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services and website, to develop them, grow our business and make decisions about our marketing strategies.
9. Who We Share Personal Data With
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
- If the law requires it;
- If it is required for any legal proceeding;
- To prove or protect our legal rights; and
- To buyers or potential buyers of this company if we seek to sell the company.
If you follow hyperlinks from our Site to another Site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
10. How Long We Store Personal Data
User data will be stored until the purpose the data was collected has been achieved.
You will be notified if your data is kept longer than this period.
11. How We Protect Your Personal Data
We use the most potent available browser encryption to protect your security and store all our data on servers in secure facilities. All data is only accessible to our employees. Our employees are bound by strict confidentiality agreements, and a breach of this agreement would result in the employee’s termination.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times, and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
12. Your Rights as a User
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed;
- Right of access;
- Right to rectification;
- Right to erasure;
- Right to restrict processing;
- Right to data portability; and
- Right to object.
We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 16 years of age, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. If a child under 16 years of age has provided us with personal data their parent or guardian may contact our privacy officer.
14. How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we disclosed your personal data, if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, or if you would like to exercise any of your other rights under the GDPR, please contact our privacy officer here:
15. How to Opt-Out of Data Collection, Use or Disclosure
In addition to the method(s) described in the How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected section, we provide the following specific opt-out methods for the forms of collection, use, or disclosure of your personal data specified below:
opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing emails. You can opt out by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any marketing email or updating your email preferences under “Your Account.”
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact us through the contact methods listed in the Contact Information section so that we can, where possible, resolve the issue. If you feel we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner you may contact a supervisory authority. You also have the right to directly make a complaint to a supervisory authority. You can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK, Data Protection Commission in Ireland.
18. Contact Information
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, you can contact our privacy officer, Leo, at: